Slashdot's Menu  

 

                                                   DEPARTMENT OF HORTICULTURE AND PLANTATION CROPS, NILGIRIS.

              The Nilgiris district, known as "The Queen of Hills" is situated at an elevation of 900-2636 metres above MSL. Approximately 65% of geographical area of this district lies at an altitude of 1800-2500 metres above MSL(MeanSeaLevel) and the remaining 35% at lower altitudes. The climate is temperate to sub-tropical. The annual rainfall ranges from 950-1550mms.

              The topography of this district is rolling and steep. About 60% of the cultivable land falls under the slope ranging from 10%-33%. Nilgiris being a horticulture district, the entire economy depends on horticultural crops like potato, cabbage, tea, coffee, spices and fruits.                                                                                                                                                   

 

SUMMER FESTIVAL 2013 SCHEDULE new

NATIONAL MISSION ON MICRO IRRIGATION 2012 - 2013 new

NATIONAL HORTICULTURE MISSION 2012 -2013 THE NILGIRIS new

DETAILS OF PRODUCTION PROGRAMME OF STATE HORTICULTURAL FARMS IN THE NILGIRIS DURING 2012 - 2013 new

DETAILS OF CROP DAMAGES BY HAILSTORM ON 31-3-2012

 

 

ENGLISH / TAMIL

The Department of  Horticulture and Plantation crops (DHPC), Government of Tamilnadu, has used reasonable endeavors to ensure that the material contained in this website are correct. However, the information contained herein is provided as a public service with the understanding that DHPC makes no warranties, either expresses or implied, concerning accuracy, completeness, reliability or suitability of the information, Nor does DHPC warrant that the use of this information is true if any claims of copyright infringement.The DHPC reserves the right at anytime to make changes as it deems appropriate use information here at your own risk.