The Collectorate play a pivotal role in the District administration. Collector in the Cadre of I.A.S heads the District. He/She acts as the District Magistrate for maintaining Law and Order in his/her jurisdiction. He/She deals mainly with planning and development, law and order, general elections, arms licensing etc.
The District Revenue Officer runs the Revenue administration under various enactments in the District. He/She is also designated as Additional District Magistrate. He/She mainly deals with civil supplies, land matters, mines and minerals, village officers etc.
The District Revenue Officer (DRO) and Deputy Collectors assists the Collector in discharging their duties. The District Revenue Officer looks after all the branches of the Collectorate. He/She deals mainly with general administration and is vested with supervision of day-to-day functions of the Collectorate.
The Project Officer, District Rural Development Agency in the cadres of IAS/DRO, Personal Assistant Panchayat Development in the cadre of Deputy Collector, Assistant Director Town panchayats, Municipal commissioners & Municipal Corporation Commissioner are assisting collector in panchayat development and urban local body related works.
- Section A :: Administration, Forest Act, TNPPF, TNHS, JANMAN LANDS, LEAVE
- Section B :: Examinations, VIP Visits, RRA, Miscellaneous
- Section C :: Deals with Law & Order, Magisterial (Court/Legal) matters
- Section D :: Panchayat Development
- Section E :: Establishment, Bills, Audit, Pension
- Section F :: Excise Related
- Section G :: Patta Transfer, Survey Related
- Section H :: AdiDravidar and Tribal Welfare
- Section K :: Public Distribution System, Civil Supplies
- Section L :: Election
- Section N:: BNatural calamities, TN Hill Areas, NOON MEALS, e-Governance
- Section Q:: GRIEVANCES, PETITION, OAP
- Section R :: SCHEMES, SSS
- Section S :: BC WELFARE, MINORITY WELFARE
- Section U :: LAND RELATED
- AD(P) :: Panchayats Related Activities
- AD(audit) :: Audit and High Level committe
- PA(SS) :: Small Savings
- PA(NM) :: School Noon Meals Related Activites
- PO(DRDA) :: Rural Development and Panchayat Raj
- A.D(TP) :: Town Panchatyats related Activities